How to Become a Member
What it Means to be a Member of The World Kindness Movement
All members have the responsibility of organizing activities related to kindness within their community through their organization and plan activities for World Kindness Day on the 13th of November each year.
A registered Not for Profit /Non-Governmental Organisation or Government Agency with the primary purpose dedicated to promoting kindness can be eligible to become a member. Obligations include organizing events for World Kindness Day (13 November) and attending the international General Assembly (AGM) which are convened every 2 years. Any member can be invited by the International Council to participate in WKM committees.
- Members will network and be linked up with other WKM members and will receive Publications (e.g. newsletters, brochures, etc) produced by WKM and or its members.
- Listing on the WKM Website.
- Use of the WKM logo. (Subject to strict guidelines)
- Support and advice from the Secretariat on forming a Kindness organization and or campaign.
- Access to WKM members database and material and programs for kindness activities.
- Invitations to participate in or host international events.
- Invitations to present at international events.
- Assistance in making representations to engage governments and other key stakeholders.
- Invitations to participate in WKM Committees.
Instructions on Filling in the Application Form
- The head of the organization (President, Executive Director) should sign the application form.
- The application nominates a contact person of the organization who will be the contact point between the WKM and the organization.The application will provide two written and signed references Public Government (Mayor or Councillor Government official School Principle and private Company or individual)
- Please provide contact numbers, email, and website for your organization and that of your referees for the membership committee to validate.
- The application will provide current registration documentation of the organization from the countries statutory authority.
The responsibilities of the applicant include the following
- Develop and implement kindness programmes and activities in your organization which supports the mission of the World Kindness Movement.
- If planning to officially register an NFP or NGO applicants can still apply and for membership will be listed as pending subject to providing proof of registration.
- Maintain a register of all participating members in the organization and a list of all your organisation’s kindness programmes and activities.
- Provide a brief annual progress report to the World Kindness Movement
- Copy any newsletters and updates to the Secretariat including ideas for participation and promotion of global initiatives.
The completed form is to be returned to Secretary-General@theworldkindnessmovement.org or